Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday Craft 'n Chat at ME4Y

The project I am sharing today for the Made Especially For You Thursday Craft 'n Chat is tags
 Not just any tags, but tags using an interesting little embellishment 
I was first introduced to this little embellishment by a fellow DT member at Colorful Creations
The first time I used this little embellishment was for a up-cycle project I made for a Blog Hop

It's the little pop top tab on a can of soup, vegetables or pop can
I had so much fun making a tag for the FCCB - "Save the Earth" Cricut Crawl in April
I received many positive reactions to my tag and clever use of the pop top tab
I hope you will be inspired to save those tabs and create a project of your own


A list of supplies needed to create my tag sample:

I used recycled cardboard for the base of my tag

I used a recycled checked shopping bag for my background paper
You can also use wrapping paper, bags, junk mail or other paper you have on hand

You will also need:  

Scissors, paper trimmer, 1-3/4" circle punch, small 1/2" circle punch and a tiny hole punch
Adhesive, medium glue dots, sponge dauber, distress ink, sentiment stamp
a die cut image and background for underneath ( mine is from Elegant Edges/Cricut cartridge)

Embellishments:

Jute, pop top tab, 3 flowers, large brad, 3 tiny buttons, chipboard butterfly


Trim your cardboard base to 3-1/2" x 6-1/2", as well as the background paper
Punch out a coordinating piece of cardstock using the 1-3/4" circle punch - cut in half
Cut a small 1/2" circle out of coordinating cardstock, to cover the lower part of the tab


Adhere the background paper to the cardboard
Adhere the large half circle to the top center of the tag
Using a glue dot, adhere the 1/2" circle into the lower part of the tab
This step is to cover the ragged edges of the tab
Using the tiny hole punch, punch through the layers on the tab and cardboard
Attach a large brad to the center of the tab


Using the sponge dauber and distress ink, sponge around the edges, stamp the sentiment
I also used the edge of the ink pad and lightly pressed onto the oval for some distress lines
Adhere the front and back of the die cut together


Adhere the die cut onto the tag and add the embellishments as shown in the photo

I hope you enjoyed today's project 
and 
have been inspired to use this unique embellishment on your next project

Scroll down for a few more samples


Thanks for reading my tutorial

Catch the Frenzy! - Karen
http://simplyfrenzied-karen.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the way you used the pop can tabs, really clever. I will have to start saving my tabs :)
    TFS,
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the can tabs. Wonderful projects !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag projects! Very clever use of a pop tab!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big recycling fan and love your tags
    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the best idea I have seen in a long time! So creative! The tags are absolutely beautiful, by the way. Thanks for sharing with us.

    judispaperthoughts.blogspot.com

    jfarrell65@charter.net

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comment LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...